Advanced level | FOM alphaR2R
The FOM alphaR2R is a unique slot die coating solution with sheet-based and roll-to-roll based capabilities. It represents the ultimate combination of control, functionality, and versatility in thin-film research and production. All elements of its hardware, software, and premium features have been tailored to eliminate experimental error and increase usability with all types of flexible substrates.
- Fully motorized x-y-z positioning (1 μm precision)
- Coating width: up to 350 mm (slot-die compatibility: S – XXL)
- Coating speed: 0.01 up to 5.0 m min-1
- Web guide, dance system & servo drivers
- Substrate heating: up to 200 °C
- Slot-die head heating: up to 80 °C
- Microporous vacuum chuck
- Integrated syringe pump
- Remote control with coating automation software on any external device
- Advanced coating automation software
- Cloud-compatible protocol saving
- Remote troubleshooting
- Dimensions : 2400x1550x1820 mm3 (LxWxH)
- Weight: 850 kg
- Unmatched coating precision.
- Automated coating via intuitive software interface and enabled remote access.
- Frequent-tasks quick buttons panel
- Seamless glovebox integration option
- Advanced heating and slot-die head positioning functions.
- Continuous, non-contact thin-film coating process.
- Compatible with fluids up to 20,000 cP.
- Pumping system enclosure.
- Compatible with rigid and flexible substrates.
- Proprietary design for excellent substrate flatness and fixation.
- Software integrated direct wet film thickness control.
- Excellent layer definition, uniformity, and repeatability.
- Uniform dry film thickness from nano to micrometers.
- Low material waste compared to blade & spin-coating.
- Simple scaling from lab to R2R production.
- Integrated oven module
- Syringe heating up to 80 °C
- Nitrogen/air knife module
- High viscosity pump.
- High viscosity slot-die head & tubing
- Ionizing bar
- Blade-coating / Flexographic & Gravure printing
Let’s talk about how we can help you
Want to learn how slot-die coating can help you get consistent and scalable research results?
FOM Technologies coating equipment supports cutting-edge research into 3rd generation solar cells, OLED and electrochromic devices, fuel cells, batteries, sensors, membranes, printed electronics, medical diagnostics, conductive thin films, and more.