Advanced level | FOM alphaSC
- Multiple options are available to adapt the system to the need of the customer:
- Slot-die distance position sensor
- HD video camera for monitoring of coating
- Drying options (IR, UV, hot air, Nitrogen flush air knife)
- Large vacuum chuck area from A4 and up.
- Slot-die is standard made from stainless steel. Other materials and alloys available (glass, Tungsten, titanium)
- Slot-die of metals can be coated with corrosion-resistant material Tantaline
- Heated slot-dies range from ambient to 80 degrees celsius
- Temperature controlled syringe pump
- Additional print steps Inkjet, Micro gravure, Blade/bar/comma coater
Comprehensive user interface allows experimental freedom in the formulation of coating recipes. Integration of primary coating elements allows for high reproducibility between each coating run and high comparability between coated devices as well as optimal production batch quality. The slot-die bridge is built with attention to precision mounting and easy positioning of slot-die head over substrate mounts on a rigid and vibration damping base. The vacuum chuck travels on a precision rail system and in combination with the attention to detail this system provides a versatile and robust tool for upscaling.
The system comes with a choice of manual or automatic positioning of the slot-die and manual or the motorized programmed height and side shift adjustment with a resolution of 10µm. Coating speed between 0.05 to 5.0 m/min (step-less). Parallelism setting and slot-die lip straightness <1% provides precise material deposition. Cross and along with web positioning to <100µm. slot-die height (the coating gap) allows repeatable mounting providing repeatable batch processing from day-to-day. Drying – Metapor (TM) Vacuum chuck with a size range of A4 and up. Flatness from better than 20µm. Heating to 150°C.
Easy to repetition and user recipes
The system facilitates the easy execution of repeated precision coatings in a controllable, easily predictable manner, giving the researcher an insight into the variables of the coating process.
Let’s talk about how we can help you
Want to learn how slot-die coating can help you get consistent and scalable research results?
FOM Technologies coating equipment supports cutting-edge research into 3rd generation solar cells, OLED and electrochromic devices, fuel cells, batteries, sensors, membranes, printed electronics, medical diagnostics, conductive thin films, and more.
Machines | Roll-based
Share price & Investor portal