Advanced level | FOM moduloR2C
- Modular sub-units (each W: 0,8 m, D: 1.1 m, H: 1,6 m, typically 5+
- 13”/22” (350/650 mm) industry standard web width
- Pre-treatment with web cleaning. Contact or contactless.
- Pre-treatment with either Corona or plasma unit.
- Flexographic and gravur printing stations, servo driven with register control and slow-run function
- Mutiple Full-width or stripe-pattern Slot Die coating head with automatic registration system
- Vertical or horizontal double pass hot air and IR combination oven (2 meter drying in 1 meter oven) Up to 9m drying tunnel on 2 meter footprint.
Designed for experimental research
The FOM moduloR2C addresses the challenges associated with roll-to roll equipment in R&D environments. Industrial roll-to-roll equipment often lacks the necessary freedom to experiment, adapt and data collect as is common in research.
To accommodate the flow of the research process the FOM moduloR2C provides a flexible system that allows facile experimental set-up, data collection and operation.
The modular built FOM moduloR2C is fitted with all-around web access for easy maintenance and constant monitoring of the printed web. Furthermore, the FOM moduloR2C enables custom configuration and positioning of the coating, printing and drying units ideal for R&D. Upon request, the FOM moduloR2C is Atex-compatible with certification.
Digital control and data collection
The coater is based on a digitally controlled platform and provides process control and complete process data logging with export functions to enable researchers to analyse this data.
Automated documentation is key to handle large data volumes. The complete coating conditions are automatically logged by the control software and can also be printed alongside the coated area by a synchronised barcode printer/reader.
Coating & printing methods
The FOM moduloR2C facilitates the integration of multiple coating and printing methods into the machine frame, for example Slot Die coating and flexographic, inkjet or rotary screen printing. In principal, any deposition method can be integrated. Designed to handle a wide range of substrates it is currently running with carbon fiber tows, multiple plastics, paper, metal foils and flexible glass.
The integrated, extensive and self-diagnostic monitoring system with Ethernet access provides easy service support and offers remote service as well as maintenance supervision.
Inbuilt industrial reconfiguration
The FOM moduloR2C is capable of industrial production speed. Based on a new PLC platform the machine is Industry 4.0 ready. This allows facile reconfiguration for industrial production once your research is ready for technology transfer to a pilot or commercial phase.