Advanced level | FOM sigmaR2R
The FOM sigmaR2R is a lab-size roll-to-roll slot-die coating machine. It consists of unwind, rewind, 2-zone oven, and adjustable slot-die positioning around the coating roll. Components are operated from one integrated control system for easy customization. The FOM sigmaR2R is a continuous non-contact coater suitable to prepare uniform films for R&D and industrial batch production. It is the ideal manufacturing equipment for slurry drying processes of electrode coating.
- Precision sheet coating machine made from high precision, certified industrial components
- Up to 13” (350 mm) industry-standard web width.
- Coating roller diameter of 100 mm
- Custom width slot-die coating heads up to 350 mm width
- Multiple full-width or stripe-pattern slot-die coating head
- Single face continuous coating
- Horizontal single pass hot air or IR combination oven (1.8 m oven)
- Application foil e.g. Aluminum, Copper, plastic, paper
- Dimensions: 2400 x 1550 x 1820 mm (L x W x H)
Compact R2R slot-die coating system
The FOM sigmaR2R is ideal for scaling up research-related and small production batches that require a thermal step post roll to roll web coating used in among others photovoltaics, optical coatings, batteries, fuel cells, and pharma related applications.
Coating & printing methods
The FOM sigmaR2R with optional continuous pumping of ink/slurry capabilities, facilitates the integration of multiple coating and printing methods into the machine frame, for example, slot-die coating and flexographic printing. Designed to handle a wide range of substrates it is currently running with carbon fiber tows, multiple plastics, paper, metal foils, and flexible glass.
To accommodate the needs of the operator the FOM sigmaR2R allows for a facile experimental set-up with a user-friendly software with remote service support as well as maintenance supervision.
Let’s talk about how we can help you
Want to learn how slot-die coating can help you get consistent and scalable research results?
FOM Technologies coating equipment supports cutting-edge research into 3rd generation solar cells, OLED and electrochromic devices, fuel cells, batteries, sensors, membranes, printed electronics, medical diagnostics, conductive thin films, and more.